2010-01-05

A lolita meme from F*** Yeah Lolita

All in English this time because I cba translating to Swedish. ;P

1. Best Lolita fashion advice you've ever received?
Keep the fluff in the petticoat by hanging it upside down, inside out.

2. Style icons?
I take inspiration from all kinds of magazines, art and even random things sometimes. I don't like to limit myself to just a single style because I'm afraid I'll grow stale and boring if my inspiration flow is narrowed. There are two persons that I really love stylewise within lolita though:


Sachi of Kokusyoku Sumire for being a flawless beauty even when wearing a reindeer hat.


Rizzell, blogging under Aristocratic Maiden, because she has the wardrobe I would kill for.

3. Describe your personal style.
It's me, Maria! :D Seriously though, in my fantasies I picture myself as a modern Russian duchess: a little bit of kitsch, a little bit of luxury and lots of bitter sarcasm with a drink in my hand. In reality I think I am more like any other classic lolita with a romantic relation to all things vintage.

4. Favorite designers/brands?
Innocent World, Metamorphose, Juliette et Justine and various other brands and vintage finds that can add interesting details to the overall outfit.

5. Most cherished items?


6. Most used item?
My plain black fully shirred BtSSB JSK. It was my first piece of burando (besides some totes)! And I wear it all the time. It's just so easy to wear and you can match it with just about anything.

7. I feel best wearing?
Whatever I happen to like most this week. Usually something black because I feel most comfortable in black.

8. The first thing I look for in another Lolita's outfit...
Texture maybe. I like outfits with lots of different kinds of textures. Either lots of ruffles, interesting fabric, fur, or something like that.

9. Lolita Fashion rule you never break?
What one haven't I blindly broken?! Honestly though, skirt shape. It's just not Lolita to me if it isn't poofy. If I wear something with minimal poof, I just feel like I'm wearing it wrong.

10. Never caught wearing?
I bet no matter what I put here I am going to fall in love with in the next month or two! I used to hate rocking horse shoes, bonnets, and polka-dots. Now I love them! But honestly, probably super casual stuff like ETC and MILK. It's cute, just not me at all. I would feel like I'm wearing just regular clothes in them, and where's the fun in that?

11. Dress to impress who?
Dress to impress yourself :P

12. Your next "must have" purchase?
A black and white striped JSK and an all black Marie Antoinette styled dress, probably from Anna House.

13. Favorite type of head accessory?
My head bows! I like big ones most of all, but little classy side bows are cute too. They're just so easy to wear and you don't really have to over style your hair to make them look good.

14. Favorite cut of clothing (shirring, high waist, princess seams etc)?
Well, for brand: shirring, because it will fit me that way, but I do really really love high-waisted skirts. I also love really poofy skirts, I'm not too much of a fan of A-line skirts.

15. Current obsession?
Bonnets! I could never really wear one for everyday wear, but I love oogling over them!

16. Best Lolita fashion advice you can give to anyone:
Cute prints and expensive labels can only go so far to save a train wreck of an outfit. If it doesn't fit you or flatter you, don't wear it. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment